SPINAL TRACTION THERAPY + ADJUSTMENT:
What is Intersegmental Traction or Roller Table?
Intersegmental traction table or roller table is used in chiropractic care. This table helps in gently re-establishing the normal ranges of the body’s spine. Intersegmental traction table helps in relaxing the muscles and reducing the muscle spasms. Using Intersegmental traction table daily promotes recovery and healing process from a back injury. The intersegmental traction table or roller table allows changing the contact pressure of the roller either manually or electrically. Intersegmental traction tables are very beneficial in providing relaxation to a patient and are very useful devices for any chiropractor.
How does Intersegmental Traction or Roller Table Work?
Spinal discs receive nutrients from the fluid circulation upon spinal joint movements. Joint misalignment in the spine hinders this action from occurring and causes thinning and degeneration of the discs. Intersegmental traction/roller table works by creating passive motion that causes mild stretching of the spinal joints and improves mobility. Intersegmental traction table functions by mobilizing the spinal column while at the same time gently stretching the muscles and ligaments. When the postural muscles of the spine or the muscles which help in keeping an individual in a straight position are disturbed or affected badly due to injury, fatigue, poor posture or accident, it causes spasms in them.
Benefits of Intersegmental Traction or Roller Table
- The intersegmental traction table gently elongates the postural muscles of the spine in a comfortable and uniform manner so that the normal joint movement, mobility and circulation are restored. The patient lies supine or face up on the table which has rollers beneath the surface. These rollers slowly move up and down the length of the spine.
- The roller table has many adjustments which can be done depending upon the patient’s comfort. The height of the rollers can be increased or decreased for greater or lesser pressure.
- There is a vibrating feature which may be activated which causes the rollers to give a massage effect. Many patients find this extremely relaxing and beneficial. Intersegmental traction table helps in increasing blood flow and oxygen to discs, ligaments and muscles thus enhancing balance, mobility and strength. It also helps in restoring the correct spinal curves and increases circulation of the cerebrospinal fluid.
- The intersegmental traction table helps in re-establishing the normal range of motion of the spine in a very gentle and effective manner. It also aids in reducing the muscle spasms thus providing relaxation to the muscles.
- The intersegmental traction table can treat body of all sizes, shapes, and weights in an equal and effective manner including children.